Shilajit is known to Indians since thousands of years. It is mentioned in Ancient Ayurvedic books – Charaka Samhita, Sushruta Samhita etc., which were written 3000 years ago.
Shilajit is probably the only ‘ayurvedic herb’, which is not obtained from any plant. On the contrary, it obtains from the mountains of Himalayan region in the form of tar and is mostly found during the summer months.
Shilajit is an ancient herbal substance having over 85 minerals and trace elements the human body needs to function optimally. It contains fulvic acid which helps the body absorb these minerals at a cellular level. Shilajit has been consumed as a dietary supplement for thousands of years in Asia because of the its multiple benefits.
Sources of Shilajit
Shilajit is a blackish brown exudation obtained in the surroundings of Himalayas. It is also found in most of the sedimentary rocks especially in Bhutan, Afghanistan, Nepal, USSR, China, Pakistan, Tibet as well in Norway.
List of Organic and Inorganic Elements Present in Shilajit:
Fulvic acids, Folic acids and Humic acids; Melanoidin; Iron; Iodine; Zinc; Phosphorus; Copper; Nickel; Magnesium; Manganese; Silicon; Potassium; Sodium; Silver; Strontium; Sulfur; Cesium; Rubidium; Chromium; Barium; Vanadium; Antimony; Carotenoids retinol; Molybdenum; Benzoic acid; Terpenoids; B, C, E vitamins; Dibenzo-alpha pyrones; Polyphenol complexes; Albuminoids; Phospholipids Triterpenes and Phenolic acids; Bioflavonoids; Tannic acid; Hippuric and Oxalic acid and Glycosides.
Primary benefits as per Ayurveda
- It supports bones, muscles, kidnesys, metabolism, memory & immune system.
- It provides stamina, energy and vitality.
- It is source for all minerals required for the body.
- It is a natural product for renewing vitality & physical strength.
Other Benefits as per Ayurveda
- It helps to support the immune system.
- It also helps to support mental and physical performance of person.
- It helps the aged persons to feel young by regaining strength and vitality.
For thousands of years, Shilajit has been used to help support:
- Absorption of vital nutrients
- Enhanced potency and effectiveness of other nutrients
- Sharp intelligence
- Balanced blood sugar
- Efficient detoxification
- Optimal oxygenation and the body’s natural antioxidant response